Friday, April 13, 2012

Laura is a Spaz

Maybe it's been the inconsistent work schedule, 12 days straight, then a day off, then 8 days straight, then a couple days off...

(I forget, sometimes, what day it is...)

Maybe it was the frustration at the Kinect not working...

(Stupid range reduction lens screw with its perception so it "can't detect" me. I just wanted to play Your Shape!)

Maybe it was the distraction of Naruto...

(How's he gonna get Sasuke back?? How's he gonna defeat Orochimaru??)

Or maybe all three, but I forgot I was supposed to pick up Troy from work last night. By the time I realized it, Troy had just gotten off, it was 10:15pm, there was 25 minutes left for the banana bread in the oven, and I ran out the door, locking the door handle as I grabbed what I thought were my keys.

They weren't my keys, and I had just locked myself out of the apt at 10:15pm, with Troy waiting in Downey for me to get him. Luckily, I had my phone, and he had his bus pass, so as I explained the wretched situation he was able to take the bus and train home.

I sat in the back porch while I waited for Troy to get home. Luckily, I had access to it.

You can still see my butt imprint on the bucket.

The only thing that kept me from getting in the apt, my keys, and my burning banana bread was this lock. On the bright side, now we know that, short of breaking glass, our apt is safe from people breaking in. I couldn't get in, no matter how much I tugged at the sliding glass door and window locks.

My hero! We were finally able to get in the apt around midnight once the Blue Line dropped Troy off at the 5th St Station.

The banana bread was beyond saving, sadly. A real shame, because that Kitchen Aid is a pain to clean.


1 comment: