Wednesday, November 26, 2014

6 months

Laura here. I usually write for the blog anyway, Troy usually does the final editing.

I miss Jenny so much. Today is Wednesday, November 26, 2014. It is the day before Thanksgiving. I have so many mixed feelings about Thanksgiving this year:


  • dread for this happy occasion without Jenny
  • sadness/grief/loneliness that Jenny is gone
  • excitement to be with family for Thanksgiving
  • happiness to be with my parents and with Jenny's parents and family
  • and fear about how I will react. Will I cry the entire time? Worse, will I not be able to cry at all? 

Because today also marks 6 months since Jenny's passing.


6 months. Six months. S-I-X  M-O-N-T-H-S.


Thanksgiving was Jenny's favorite holiday. It's mine, too. (Who doesn't love a day dedicated to good food, good company and lounging? And giving thanks, of course.) But I don't know that I'll want to eat a whole lot this time around. I don't know that I'll be able to eat. Grief takes away my appetite.



*sigh*


I hope everyone has a wonderful, thankful holiday. I hope you are surrounded by good food and good company. I hope we all remember to be grateful. I hope we all remember to express love to our loved ones.


Happy Thanksgiving, everyone.







No comments:

Post a Comment